1/2 cup quinoa
1 cup water
some olive oil
1 bunch kale - about 6-10 leaves, depending on size
half a white onion
1 clove garlic
1/2 cup shredded cheese, I used a Mexican blend
1/2 cup half & half
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9" pie dish and set aside. Put quinoa in a sieve and rinse (the grains are very small, so get a fine mesh). Combine quinoa and water in a small pan and bring to boil. Cover pot, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. While quinoa is cooking, dice onion and take stems off kale and chop. Heat olive oil in pan, add onion, and cook for a couple of minutes until onion starts to caramelize. Add chopped kale (make sure you use a large pan, as there is quite a lot of kale!). Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Mince and add clove of garlic, and cook one more minute. Remove mixture from heat.
3. While the kale is cooling, mix eggs and half & half in a bowl until well combined, add some salt and pepper.
4. Add egg mixture to kale mixture, and stir until well combined. Stir in cooked quinoa and cheese at this point, as well.
5. Pour mixture into pie dish and cook for about 45 minutes, until top is golden. Knife inserted in center should come out without runny egg on it.
6. Eat and enjoy!