Friday, November 06, 2009

New record!

Bryan set a new personal record this evening, when he managed to hold a handstand for 47 seconds. The kid never ceases to amaze me with his mad gymnastics skills. Every Friday, I go watch him during his practice, and every Friday I am blown away by what he is able to do (he goes on Tuesdays and Thursdays, too, but I don't get to stay and watch those days). He has such amazing control over his body, is incredibly strong, and he has great form, as well. The routines they practice for the meets are compulsory, meaning everyone does the same elements. Each apparatus also has a bonus option, and he actually performs all of his routines with the bonus. It's, well, amazing. He also set a personal record on the mushroom (the last apparatus on this little video) today. He managed to go around 5 times (and a half, he insists!). He keeps asking me to get him one for Christmas, so he can practice at home. I told him we don't have a money tree. :p Love that kid. :D

3 comments:

Niki said...

We were blown away with the video. He is so strong for such a small body. Very cool.

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Cool! We are starting Cael in January.

Kelley said...

THAT WAS AWESOME!!! My son is seriously impressed!