Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday, Monday....

We've been having a nice and busy day today. Kids are already off school, so we've been enjoying each other's company. Wilbert, a family friend who is currently living with us, got some gingerbread houses for the kids, and we decorated them this morning. The kids had a blast! So did I. I don't think I've ever decorated one before. We each had a little house, and we ended up making a little gingerbread village. Cute!



I actually spent most of the morning sitting on the couch with Elly. She has some bug and has been really sleepy all day. She also has a low grade fever. I hope it's a fleeting illness, since we have plans to go to Arkansas on Wednesday to spend Thanksgiving with Dave's brother's family...

Right now, Bryan is at gymnastics, and I just finished harvesting a bunch of produce from the garden. Exciting times! The garden is doing really well, actually. Today, I got green beans, kohlrabi, bell peppers, one little broccoli, and lettuce. Yum! I'm not sure about the broccoli, it didn't get very big, but it did look like it was ready to harvest. Don't know how the other plants are going to turn out, we'll see. For the green beans, this was actually the second round. I already picked quite a lot a couple of weeks ago, and made some yummy green bean soup. These ones I'm going to probably cut up, blanch, and then freeze, for more green bean soup later this winter. :o) The kohlrabi is very good and tender, we just eat it raw. The lettuce is excellent, too, and I'm happy we still have a few bell peppers out there! There aren't a whole lot left, and they don't grow all that big anymore, but they're nice for a snack. I have one kale plant out there this year, and that is growing nicely, too. The sugar snap peas are getting flowers, so we should have some snap peas to snack on soon! The carrots are growing nice and big, too, though they'll probably be a few more weeks. Carrots take a long time to grow... So there, my garden update! Just for you, Christie. ;o)

No comments: