Well, here it is, for all you fans of gardening! After we got back from Germany, I didn't waste any time in getting my summer garden going. Sure, I am at the late end of it, but according to some nifty planting schedule I found for this area, I should hopefully be able to still grow some veggies. Or rather, fruit. Since, you know, many of the things we call veggies are actually fruit. Who knew? :p I got three different types of tomatoes, three different bell peppers (green, yellow, orange), and put in seeds for zucchini, yellow crookneck squash, and cucumbers. The seeds sprouted amazingly fast (less than a week!), and the plants are growing nicely.
The whole garden, cucumber trellises on the right will be changed (the really green stuff in the middle are marigolds without flowers....).
One of the peppers is already growing!
One of two yellow crooknecks, getting big already!
One of four zucchini plants, supposedly these are a "spacesaver" variety.
One of four cucumber plants. I need to space a couple of them some more, and make a nice trellis for them to grow up on.
Sunday, July 26, 2009
I've been suffering from blogger's block lately. Hence no posts since the beginning of June... Oh, and I've also been rather busy. And facebook is a time sucker, people! Goodness. Anyway, thought I'd stop by for a quick re-cap of what we've been up to. Since this is not only a blog for your enjoyment, but also sort of a journal for myself. :p
- Went to Germany the end of May, for 7 weeks!
- Spent June hanging out with my family, fun times!
- Dave joined up with us the end of June, and we spent a week at the Baltic Sea. Awesome!
- Back home to hot and humid TX mid-July. Brought some rain with us! Yay!
- Got Bryan and Kaylee enrolled in gymnastics. Bryan is now on the level 4 boys team. Kaylee is getting pretty good with the handstands.
- Tyler celebrated his 9th birthday while in Germany. Can't believe only one more year to double digits!
- Dave is crazy busy with work right now. Gotta love deadlines... But at least he has a job!
- Got my summer garden planted. Tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, yellow crookneck, and zucchini. So far, everything is doing great. :o)