Thursday, April 16, 2009

Go TEAM!

I knew this day would come. There's been talk of it for a few months now. Well, today, Bryan officially got invited to participate in the gymnastics team. He's going to start level 4 after we get back from Germany in July. The coach who talked to me said that he actually already has some of the skills for level 5, but they're starting him in 4, anyway. To start slowly, so he (hopefully) won't get burnt out. Good thing, too, I'm going to need a slow start on my wallet... :p I've known for a long time that Bryan has an incredible talent. Like, when he started climbing out of his crib at 18 months. Learned to ride a scooter at 2.5 years old. Insisted we take the training wheels off his bike just after his third birthday. Started doing flips from the recliner onto the couch and vice versa. Learned how to do a headstand just after his fourth birthday. Spent a full two months in his preschool gymnastics class before being promoted to the big boys' class when he was only 4.5 (and half the size of those boys...). He's incredibly strong and coordinated, and has amazing control over his body. It's really fun to watch him, and it was great to see a gymnastics coach be so excited about Bryan's talent and the prospect of having him on the team. I hope he's going to enjoy working harder, and starting competition. Let the fun begin!

8 comments:

Keith and Nicci said...

Go Bryan! I wish we could come watch!

denedu said...

I remember being amazed at watching him ride his scooter off the curbs and zooming around on his little bike keeping up with all the big kids. I also remember hearing all the jumping he use to do off of the couches and beds. hahahaha :) Way to go, Brian! :)

3in3mom said...

Awesome! I understand that amazement--so fun to have a place for him to refine that ability! Take video for us to share!

Erin said...

Woohoo! I'll never forget seeing him do splits! Yay Bryan, thats exciting! Super cute portraits btw. I'm catching up on my blogging...its always fun to see what you're up to and thinking about!

Lanny said...

Go Bryan! That's fantastic.

Andrea said...

That is so great! Yes, please take a video. I'd love to see it too.

Mimi said...

yes, take a little sampler movie. Splits! Good job Brian!

Jen said...

How Cool! And yes...I would watch the burn out. My coach was way excited about my future prospects as an olympic gymnast, but the hours of working out and the private lessons and all of it...my 10 year old little mind/body could not handle it! My mom said the coach cried when I quit. I still love gymnastics, but I don't know how they all do it.