Thursday, March 26, 2009

Kale Frittata, take 2



So I tried again today, and it was absolutely delicious!

3 eggs
1 large kale leaf, stem removed, cut into small pieces
1 green onion, cut up (regular onion would work, too, but I have tons of green onions in my garden, so that's what I used)
1/4 to 1/2 cup of shredded cheese (I used cheddar, but I bet swiss would be awesome!)
pinch of salt and pepper

With a fork, beat egg with salt and pepper in a bowl. Add cheese and mix well. Add kale and green onion and mix everything really well. Preheat an omelette pan on low heat, add a little vegetable oil (the spray kind works nicely). When heated well (though not too hot), add frittata mixture. Cook on low heat until egg looks mostly set. Turn over to finish cooking (make sure all the egg is cooked thoroughly). All done! And oh so good!

8 comments:

Dawn said...

Mmm, sounds a bit like a quiche. I'd probably add a little ham, but I love ham and cheese and eggs!

Science Teacher Mommy said...

It's so pretty! Too bad I don't like eggs.

denedu said...

Looks yummy! Too bad my kids don't eat things that are green. hahaha I'd definitely eat it up though! Yum!!!

Jen said...

What is kale? Is it like lettuce or spinach?

Doreen said...

Kale. I have the curly variety. It makes great soup, and apparently a great frittata. I think I'm going to try steaming some, or making stir fry or something. Maybe I'll use some for green drink. It's really nutritious!

Doreen said...

Here is a great website that shows just how good kale is for your health. :o)

Keith and Nicci said...

That looks really yummy - do you think it would still be good without the cheese? Or would the veggies overpower it? Either way, I'll have to give it a try since I'm always looking for new things to try right now...

Doreen said...

Oh, it's still good without cheese! I made it without the first time, and yeah, it's still good. The cheese makes it better, but it's not necessary.