Friday, February 06, 2009

Fun times

I had a great birthday yesterday. Went for a playdate at a friend's house, which was really fun. The kids had gymnastics in the afternoon, and after that we went out to dinner. Mexican food. Yum. It was good, but of course I ate way too much. Good thing we don't do that every week. Today I went to another playdate. I found and joined a natural/gentle parenting group on meetup a couple of days ago, and they had a park playdate today. It was close by our house, so I decided to go. It was fun to meet with some other moms who homebirth, breastfeed past one year, cloth diaper, etc. You don't feel quite so strange, haha. I think this is going to be a weekly activity, and I'm planning on going again next week. It's definitely nice to get out of the house and make some friends, it's time for me to come out of hiding. Always takes me a while after moving to a new place, but I'm ready to make some new friends. :o)

5 comments:

Canda said...

Happy belated birthday. Sounds like a nice group to get involved with. I'm the same way, it's been two years and I still am working on coming out of the shell more.

Lanny said...

Sounds like fun!

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Where did you go for Mexican? I miss the ethnic food in Texas so much. We haven't found a decent Mexican restraunt here yet.

Doreen said...

We went to Pappasitos. Which is more Tex Mex than real Mexican. But it was good! Their strawberry lemonade was delicious. Too bad we didn't realize that the refills weren't free... Oh well, it was my birthday, right? :p

Keith and Nicci said...

Good for you! I think every woman needs friends to survive everyday life - especially stay at home moms!