Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Women and their wardrobe - a stereotype?

Or else I'm not doing a very good job at representing my sex here, at least as far as wardrobes are concerned. When I went into our closet today, I couldn't help but notice all of Dave's pants lined up neatly in a row. All 17 pairs, not counting what he's wearing, and what's still in the laundry somewhere. So then I went on to count his long sleeve shirts. I counted 12, plus at least as many sweaters. On to the short sleeve shirts. There were close to 20. Then I turned to my side of the closet. And I wanted to cry. My wardrobe isn't even half the size of his. Not even a third! I'm not kidding you. What a sorry excuse of a woman am I??? I need help! :p

7 comments:

KarateMommy said...

awwww, poor Doreen. i know! let's go shopping!! :)

Karin said...

hehe, my closet is looking more like that as J gets clothes for work. I insist on not having more clothes than I can wear in two weeks. But my sister is the same way. She has a small/normal amount of clothes and her husband is a clothes horse. It's okay. Really, it is. ;-)

Kermit~the~Frog said...

I gently suggest that perhaps Dave has more clothing than the average male.

Fozzie and I both have small wardrobes for our genders. Mine is larger than his.

Marie said...

I am the same way. All of my cloth are so worn out and I can't justify buying more because I just take care of little people. I also noticed that it only looks like I have a lot of cloths because the are in three different sizes.

Mimi said...

I have less as well. I have 1 fitting pair of pants.

Saskia said...

Get this: Jeremy has 30 (read: thirty!) button-down shirts and 12 pairs of dress pants (denim and cargo pants not included). Apparently, a production manager can't be seen wearing the same outfit two days in a row.

Doreen said...

Haha, at least Dave's count is all-inclusive, from church to work to playtime. :p

Marie, if I count all sizes I own, I may make it to Dave's number. Unfortunately, I only fit one size at a time, so that makes the number much smaller. :p And who says you can't look good taking care of little people? Look at KarateMommy, she does it all! :p