Friday, January 09, 2009

Totally Random

I should post. I should blog. Instead, I'm sitting here whining because my face is hurting. Well, half my face. Sinus infection, anyone? I hope I'm going to feel better tomorrow. I have lots of thoughts rambling through my head, but my brain isn't really functioning. Today was all about survival, really. Elly has a head cold, too, so she's been extra fussy. I hit a real low point today, where Elly was whining, and Kaylee wasn't exactly happy, either, because she was tired. And I was feeling, well, crappy. Pardon my French. :p In order not to have a complete breakdown, I decided to get out of the house. Killed three birds with one stone. I put Elly in the sling, so she got some cuddle-with-mommy-time. I put Kaylee in the stroller, where she promptly fell asleep. And I went for a walk. The weather was beautiful, I got some exercise, and we all got a nice dose of Vitamin D, you know, to help our frail immune systems. Most importantly, it helped save my sanity. At least for a little while. Now the kids are all in bed, and I'm nursing my poor aching body with some good herbal tea and other potions and pills that should help clear my stuffed up head. I'll leave you with that. Good night.

10 comments:

Shannon said...

So, the check out girl at Sam's Club (because they are a wealth of information!) told me last week that grape juice is the best thing to drink when you are sick- even better than OJ. According to her ethno-botany (whatever that is) professor it has twice the vitamin C as regular old OJ. So, if you're dying and nothing's working, grab a glass of grape juice. Feel better soon!
PS- Be the guinea pig for me and let me know if it works!

Lanny said...

I hope you feel better soon. Linus and Lolly both had bad colds recently. They hung on for days and didn't seem to get better, then BAM! They woke up one morning fine. Strange. I hope y'all wake up fine tomorrow!

3in3mom said...

Feel better soon! I know being sick is such a drag--I admire you killing 3 birds tactic! Always harder if you are sick too.

denedu said...

Hope you all start feeling better. We have been battling the stomach bug here. UG! Neither are fun, but at least with a cold you don't have to worry about cleaning up. Yuck! hahaha Feel better soon!!! :)

Kelley said...

Ugh! That doesn't sound fun at all. I'm jealous of your nice weather, though. If I was in your situation, I'd just have to sit and die since the weather is NOT something I want to be walking in right now. Yesterday, yes. Today, not so much. (A drop of 30 degrees overnight.)

Barbara said...

Wanted to just thank you for stopping by our blog to see our Caleb.....and WOW! What a cool blog you have! BTW: I am home today with a sinus infection, pain out the wazoo...so empathy in abundcance here. Hurt so bad in my face I actually cried! So drink up the grape juice because it is better than orange juice!

And we do miss Kaylee. She so opened up and fit nicely into our group in the nursery. I know she will do well in her new class!

Emily said...

Sorry you are not feeling well. Got email from Beth yesterday and her family and Nicci's family all got it. Seems the only who came through without it was little Tanner! Hope you guys feel better... maybe family reunions should be done in the summer when you are out of cold and flu season... :-)

Alicia said...

I'm soooo jealous that the weather was nice enough that you could go outside and enjoy a nice walk!!

Sabrina said...

Hope you all are feeling better soon!!! Zane has a cold. No sleep for me!

3in3mom said...

I'm hearing you on the sick thing--no fun!