Thursday, January 29, 2009

She's walking!

Elly finally got up the courage to let go this evening. She started with three or four tentative steps, and within an hour, she walked all the way across the boys' room (about 6'). She was so excited, too! At one point, she stopped, just stood there, and started clapping. So cute. :o) Of course, when it was time for bed shortly after this great accomplishment, she had a mild case of restless leg syndrome, haha! She kept trying to stand up in bed while she was nursing. That didn't work too well. But who can blame her? Growing up is so exciting!

7 comments:

Lanny said...

Way to go Elly!

Canda said...

That is so exciting! Good job Elly.

Kelley said...

Yay, Elly!

Science Teacher Mommy said...

How old is she? This very cool.

PS, The word verification is "antisand." That is kind of how I feel after a day at the beach.

Doreen said...

10 months. We're going to go to the beach (Baltic Sea) when we go to Germany this summer. I'm sure I'm going to feel "antisand", too. Haha! Silly word verifications... I had to turn it on because I kept getting spam comments...

Sabrina said...

Wow! Way to go!!! How fun!

James Family Insane Asylum said...

To answer your facebook question. Yes. I grew up on it actually. There is a shop here that makes rooibos/vanilla. I love it and as far as I know it is WOW Safe. have you heard anything different.
By the way, how can I get hold of your sister-in-law Beth?