Sunday, January 04, 2009

Lettuce, anyone?

Or how about spinach? Wow, I can't believe how much the garden has grown in just one week! When I went out to look at it yesterday, I almost couldn't believe it was my garden. I don't know what happened, but everything seems to have doubled in size since we left for AZ Christmas Day. A week ago, the sugar snap peas didn't even have any flowers. Today, I spotted two pods! The parsley seemed to finally start growing, and now it's huge (not full grown by any means, but seriously twice as big as last week). The green onions are about ready to harvest, when I was still thinning out some to use in a salad a week ago. I'm in awe! Yay for gardening. :o)



5 comments:

denedu said...

Wish I was able to grow a garden here. We had a huge one in our backyard as a kid. Funny enough...I was actually considering getting one of those chia herb gardens that I can grow in my house. hahaha

Mimi said...

do you need Salad recipes? ;) I am really amazed at some pictures you take. What camera do you have and did you learn? Books (I have been reading some but learned nothing)

Science Teacher Mommy said...

We couldn't give away enough lettuce and swiss chard last spring. It looks awesome.

chicagosapps said...

These pictures *almost* make me want to move back to Texas. Then I remember the summer (aka April through October).

Of course, Texas summer is just as bad as Chicago winter. Get me outta here!

You are a fabulous gardener. I'm jealous.

KarateMommy said...

great job Doreen!