Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Oh man...

...I have a headache. Today was kind of a rough day. Don't know why, really, but I've been in a horrible mood lately. Maybe it's "family reunion anxiety" setting in. Believe it or not, I'm not too fond of spending a lot of time with a lot of people. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Dave's family. It's just that there are so many of them. And I get total overload. I'm from a rather small family (one brother, two cousins, that's it), so getting together with the in-laws is so stressful for me. I'm afraid it always brings out the worst in me. I'm really not a people person (seriously!). I love to spend time with friends and family, but not with tons of friends and tons of family. As in, it's hard for me when there are 40some people to keep up with, all at the same time. More than half of which are 15 years and under. Oy. I'd much rather just spend time with, say, one family at a time. Of course, given the size of Dave's family, and the location of everyone, that's not possible. Hence the need for the family reunion. And I'm sure it'll be fun, Dave's parents have put a lot of time and effort into coming up with a schedule and fun things to do. And I'm hoping there'll be enough wiggle room for us to be able to still get Elly's naps in (well, at least one good one each day). So, I'll just try and focus on how excited I am to see everyone, and try my hardest to be pleasant to be around and have a good time. Wish me luck! (And I love you all, Dave's family who reads my blog! :D)

3 comments:

3in3mom said...

I seriously understand. Family is a great thing, but little doses are always easier. I bet it does help that you are in a hotel and can have some space for yourself.
I look forward to getting to see you on Friday.

Luv, C

Shannon said...

Hey, I started the big group, lived with it most of my life, and it's still a bit stressful for me! I love the family, too, but you're right- there are lots of people and schedules. Hotels help and I really can't wait to see everyone again. Just remember, at least we're not all cramming into Mom and Dad's basement again!

Doreen said...

Chalice, I'm sure the hotel will definitely help!

Shan, you're right, glad it's not the basement. Not like we could fit there anymore! It was fun the first Christmas after Dave and I were married, but the family has grown quite a bit in those last 9 years! :p