Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What we've been up to...

Life has been so busy, I haven't really had time to sit down and write a good post. Last week, Dave's uncle John and his girlfriend Ann were in town. They are full time RV'ers, and graced us with a visit on their way through town. They actually spent a few days here, so we got to have them over for dinner and visit a few times. On Saturday, everyone (but me and Elly) went to the Space Center for the day. They had lots of fun, as the kids always do when they go. We should get a membership... :p John and Ann left for San Antonio on Monday, and we've been quite busy this week. Today, I took Kaylee for her 3 year well-check. Hey, only 8 months late. :p She's doing well, of course, and was really brave for her 2 shots. While there, Elly got a shot, too. She only cried for a couple of seconds, whew. Again, can I say how much I love our new family doctor? She's so super nice! I mean, she even managed to talk to Kaylee without getting the evil look from her. That's rare, seriously. Maybe next time she'll even get her to talk! The doctor's visit was exhausting for me. I had to take all 4 kids, since there's no school this week. They got us into a room pretty quick, but then we were stuck there forever (like, over an hour). First the nurse did her checks (weight, height, blood pressure), then we waited for the doctor. After we were done with her, we had to wait again, for the nurse to come with the immunizations. That took forever! I think we waited for almost half an hour after the doctor left. What took so long??? Beats me. But let me tell you, 3 talking children and one tired baby in a small room make for, well, lots of headache. I finally had a bright moment and got the kids (well, the boys) to play "let's see who can sit on their chair without saying a word the longest". They went for it! Kaylee still kept on blabbering away, and of course Elly was cranky, but at least the noise from the boys was eliminated. Whew. Bryan won, and I let him have ice cream when we got home. Kaylee got an extra serving of ice cream, as well, for being so brave. Glad that's over with! (and aren't you glad you weren't there with me...)

Kids visiting John and Ann's RV

3 comments:

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Love your slideshow. Kaylee's hair is adorable.

Shannon said...

I completely relate! That's one of those things I hadn't realized we'd grown out of until I read your blog, but I have MANY memories. Glad everyone survived! Have a great Thanksgiving. Can't wait to see you all.

Kelley said...

Ugh! I HATE doctor appointments. We've had 3 this week, and the first one was awful, the second one was doable, and the third one was decent but long. Thankfully I didn't have to take all 4 kids with me each time, or I'd seriously have gone insane. Getting Josh to cooperate for a doctor is next to impossible. *sigh* Glad you survived.