Saturday, November 15, 2008

What happened to Saturday???

I feel like I'm in some kind of time warp, haha! My day in a nutshell...
  • get up and make everyone breakfast
  • start a load of laundry
  • go jogging
  • hang up the laundry and start another load
  • put Elly down for a nap
  • take a shower
  • put Elly down for a nap (yes, again, like 15 minutes after the first time, because some loud kid woke her up...)
  • eat breakfast
  • hang up the second load of laundry
  • do some gardening
  • start diaper laundry
  • blow-dry hair
  • go grocery shopping with the whole family
  • start dough for rolls
  • take down the two loads of dry clothes, hang up diapers
  • put towels in the washer
  • put Elly down for a nap
  • get rolls ready for second rise
  • hang up towels
  • start 5th load of laundry
  • sweep and mop kitchen
  • peel potatoes and get soup going
  • take towels and cloth diapers off the line, put in dryer to finish
  • bake rolls
  • finish potato soup
  • put last load of laundry in dryer
  • make peach cobbler
  • enjoy dinner with the family and our new friend and her kids
  • enjoy peach cobbler
  • do dishes
  • figure out that it wasn't the wind that got the zucchini plant, it was a cutworm - which also got two of the new pea plants
  • go out and put dust on pea plants to hopefully finish off the cutworm
  • help kids with bath
  • sit down to blog
  • oh, and at some point, I also managed to clean the shower
Now all I have left to do is put Elly in bed (Dave's got the kids), and then give Dave a haircut. Whew. Good thing I went jogging this morning, it gave me that little bit of extra energy needed for the busy day. And that was just MY day! Dave did his fair share, too. Whew. Didn't I just write about Saturdays? Crazy!

8 comments:

Jennifer Flake said...

WOW! You had a busy day!

This is Angela's friend! I just wanted to thank you for putting Kaiya's button on your blog!

Doreen said...

It's the least I can do. :o)

Keith and Nicci said...

So you're telling me someday I will do more than nurse a baby, change diapers, play with a toddler, and maybe shower - don't whether to look forward to that or not...

And I am so sorry to hear about your friends' baby. How heart breaking for everyone. That makes me so sad.

Doreen said...

Nicci, it's called "babymoon" for a reason. ;o) It all ends at some point. Enjoy it while you still can!

Kelley said...

Wow! That's quite a day.

Shannon said...

Busy day! Makes you really appreciate Sundays. Sundays are busy, but at least I don't have to think about the laundry, too! Our Saturdays have had football games taking up several hours each week. Next week's the last game and then I'll have to get busy again. I guess "busier" would be the correct term, since we try to cram everything in the hours before and after the games.

Kennedy Klan said...

Hello,
I haven't seen or heard from you, or you from me, since your baby's blessing this year. I am so happy that you have your wonderful home in Texas. I am so sorry to hear about the damage to the town. It is so good to see your blog. I have many friends with blogs and now I am hooked and want to start one myself. It is a wonderful way to keep a journal of your life. Good job Doreen. You are so amazing! love, Julia

Doreen said...

Julia, welcome to my blog! You need to totally start one, it's a great way to stay in touch! :o)