Saturday, November 29, 2008

Sea World!













We had a blast. :o) Though by the end of the day, I was a bit tired of listening to Christmas music. :p I had forgotten to pack the second seat for my double stroller (you have to take it off in order to fold the stroller), and was a bit upset about that. Turns out I wouldn't have really used it, anyway, as Elly didn't want to be in the stroller. She only likes to be in it when we're moving, and we stopped a lot, so she kept getting antsy. I ended up having her in the sling most of the time. She was a trooper, considering we missed all of her naps and stuff (she slept a bit while in the sling, but not nearly as much as she usually sleeps during the day). I was also pleasantly surprised to find the International Breastfeeding Symbol on Sea World's map, marking spots where you could go breastfeed in peace and quiet.



I checked out one of the rooms, and it was quite bare with just one wooden rocking chair in it. I decided to go nurse Elly outside on one of the benches, I get a bit claustrophobic like that. :p But it's a nice start in making public places more breastfeeding friendly, and I suppose someone who needs/wants more privacy at least has a place to go sit down. I'm sure it's especially nice for the hot summer months, where sitting in an air conditioned room would be preferable to sitting outside, even if the room is small. :o) The older kids all had a great time at the park. We loved the shows, and they even got to go on a few rides. Tyler was tall enough for one of the big roller coasters, and he braved it. Dave said he looked pretty freaked out when they got to the top, but he managed to keep it together. There was also a Dolphin Cove, where the dolphins came right up to the side of the pool and the kids could pet them. That was pretty awesome. Then there was the 4D theater, where we watched the Polar Express with 4D glasses on. It was about 15 minutes taken out of the movie, and was pretty cool. The day went by all to quickly, and some wonderful memories were made. :o)

2 comments:

Kelley said...

I'm glad you guys had such a great time. It certainly looks like fun.

BTW, I have been remiss in getting your order out because of the holiday. I promise I will send it out on Monday. I'm so sorry.

Dawn said...

What a fun day! I love the picture with the "snow" in the background, too. :)