Monday, November 10, 2008

My friend, the firefighter

This has got to be the funniest thing I've read in a long time. What's even more hilarious is that she's going to do it! Now, let me tell you, Saskia and I have been friends for some 24 years. That's right. We grew up together. And over the years, we've managed to stay in touch. She's one awesome friend. And I should say I'm proud of her for taking on this challenge. You're my hero, Saskia! I still think it's hilarious. You should know the girl. She's 5'7", and weighs maybe 125 pounds - 9 months pregnant! Non-pregnant, I think it's a good day for her when she makes it to 110. I'm thinking her uniform is going to weigh more than she does! Haha. Good luck with your new calling, my friend. Can't wait to read the stories!

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

HILARIOUS!!! I hope we get to see pics of this!

Saskia said...

I can't believe you dedicated a post to me! I'm famous! Ha ha. Thank you for your kind words. And yes, any day the scales tip 110 pounds is a good day! :)

Mimi said...

Saskia, I told Jon about it and he gasped but was pretty amazed by the whole thing, too. Who's wearing the fire pants in your house now????