Saturday, November 08, 2008

Garden in early November

Wow, I've been a gardening fool lately! It's beginning to pay off, though. Things are starting to grow nicely! Well, except for one of my zucchini plants, which Kaylee mistook for a weed and pulled out. I put it back in the ground, but it's not looking too hot... Good thing I put in two zucchini plants! :p My purple and white kale transplants are doing great. Both the normal carrots and the purple carrots are growing, and I need to thin them out. The two rows of spinach are already coming up, and I put in a third row today. Green onions are growing, and the chives and parsley are finally coming up, as well. The five sugar snap peas are getting taller, and are beginning to hold on to the trellis. The tomato tree (we call it that cause that's what it looks like) has lots of tomatoes, and is still putting out lots of flowers. I also put in the lettuce seeds today. Now the only thing I'm waiting for is my kohlrabi seeds, they were on backorder. Go figure. I hope they'll come sometime this week, so it doesn't get too late in the season to plant them. They're fast growing kohlrabi, so we should be fine. They've got their spot ready waiting for them! :o)

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Kohlrabi in Utah did not work, I was so sad.

Doreen said...

Bummer. Was it too dry? Or did it get too hot or something? I'm pretty hopeful it'll do well here in the late Fall season. We'll see. If I ever get the seeds, that is...

Sabrina said...

You're so industrious! I've never tried kohlrabi--any good recipes?

Doreen said...

Um, we just eat it raw, kinda like you would eat carrots or broccoli or cauliflower raw. I bet it would taste delicious with some veggie dip. My grandma uses it to make kohlrabi soup, but I don't know that she really follows a recipe for that. :p