Sunday, November 23, 2008

Countdown to Christmas!

Today, I joined the ranks of people who decorate before Thanksgiving. *gasp* I had actually set a goal this year to wait until after Thanksgiving, but today the bug bit me. Dave was out all afternoon for meetings and visits and whatnot, and I was dreading trying to keep the kids entertained by myself. When Dave left, I had the great idea to get out the Christmas stuff. The kids were so excited! They were great helpers. We put up decorations, and the tree. They even decorated the tree all by themselves (after I put the lights on). It looks pretty nice. Well, not as nice as some people's, since we don't do color themes or anything. Our tree is pretty random, actually. It's pretty small, less than 5'. We put it on one of the end tables, in anticipation of Elly beginning to crawl soon. That worked out really well, as it makes our tiny tree look bigger than it actually is (especially since we have high ceilings in our living room). I was excited to have the space to finally put up most of my decorations. We even got out our big nativity, that we hadn't been able to put up for a few years because we just never had anywhere to put it. Love this time of year! :o)

3 comments:

KarateMommy said...

I got bit by the Chritsmas bug tonight. Just got finished playing an hour of Christmas piano music :). Yay for the Holiday Season!

kanaboke said...

oooo, I wanna see your Nativity! we have one too, but we won't be able to put it up til we move outta here too :( Maybe I'll find a place this year...maybe on our record player...teheeee!

Kelley said...

We've rearranged our living room in anticipation of decorating, but haven't made it to the storage unit to dig everything out yet. I suspect we'll decorate this week some time.