Thursday, October 23, 2008

Yay for exercise!

Now that I have my new stroller (which is totally awesome, by the way), I've started going walking in the mornings. I go with my neighbor friend and her dog. The walk is about 1.5 miles (as mapped out on MapMyRun, cool tool), and it takes us just under half an hour. We're fast like that. :p On Thursdays, my friend goes to bible study in the morning, so I go by myself. I've decided to make Thursdays my walk/jog day (can't really jog the other days, the dog is too old, hehe). Today was the first time I tried to do some jogging. It went something like walk 5 minutes, jog 30 seconds, walk 5 minutes... To my defense, I did push a 20 pound stoller with roughly 50 pounds worth of kids in it. Okay, and yes, I'm totally out of shape. :p The walk is just a sidewalk all through the neighborhood, but there's a short jogging trail that I go on Thursdays. It's about a quarter of a mile long. My first goal is to be able to run the entire jogging trail. I think I got about a third of it today. Told ya I was out of shape. :p

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Good for you! Think of all those extra calories pushing 50 pounds of kiddos!