Thursday, October 02, 2008

We're leaving, on a jetplane...

But we do know when we'll be back again. October 18th. :p The girls and I are about ready to head out. Wish us luck on the long flight. Fortunately, we have a direct flight this time, which should cut way down on the stress of traveling with two little ones. Actually, I've done this with three kids before, so two should be a breeze. Hopefully. :p I'm beyond excited. It's been almost a year and a half since our last trip to Germany, and I'm so homesick it's not even funny. It gets really hard for me when we go past the year mark. We're only staying two weeks this time around (instead of the usual six), since half of the family has to stay back for work and school. But I'm looking forward to relaxing and spending time with my family. And meeting up with some "old" friends.

8 comments:

denedu said...

I know what you mean about being homesick. We haven't been back home since we moved. But my folks are thinking of moving back into their house next summer, so we'll have more places to stay and visit if we get to go back.

Have a great time and a safe trip!!! Take lots of pictures!!! :)

Cluff Bunch said...

Have a great trip, and enjoy your family!

Jeannie said...

Have a safe and fun trip!

Shannon said...

Hi Doreen and girls! This is Grandma and we're at Shan/Greg's. Have a fun trip, say hi to your folks, some day maybe we'll get to Germany. We're working on getting our mission papers in, but they have found 3 small nodules on my lung which are getting checked out. We're going by Nicci/Keith's on our way home. I'll check in on your boys. Love you lots. Mom

Canda said...

Have fun. I'm sure the men of the house can handle it.

kanaboke said...

Yay, yay, yaaaay for you! And only the girls too...so lucky! I can't wait for another trip home to Hawaii..alas not enough "fundage" so we'll just have to wait. In the meantime, my mom and dad and other family and friends are pretty much living off of my Blog and pics of baby Henry..so sad.

3in3mom said...

have fun! I bet you are glad to go home. I know I miss home after a few months. . . can't imagine more than a year.

luv c.

Amy said...

Have fun and hope you enjoy yourself.