Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Potato harvest and trip to the zoo

So my parents have an awesome garden. They grow tons of stuff. One of my favorites? The potatoes! We just so happened to come during the right time of year, potato harvest time! Kaylee had a blast helping over the weekend.





Yesterday was a beautiful Fall day. We decided to go to the zoo. It's a really small zoo, you can walk through the whole place in about an hour. When we were done checking out the animals, we had some ice cream and played at the playground. Fun times!





7 comments:

denedu said...

Wow! Look at all those yummy potatoes!!! I think that is one thing my parents never planted when I was a kid. Not sure why, 'cause we all love 'em! :)

Canda said...

Sounds like you guys are having an awesome trip. I want to go mushroom picking!

Leia said...

I sure hope you made a little German potato salad with all those! They look fantastic! I'm envious!

Keith and Nicci said...

Everything looks so gorgeous outside there right now - nothing like homegrown food too:) (Not that I have ever done any of that myself yet...)

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Gorgeous baby!

And we are definitely doing MORE potatoes next year. They are so yummy.

Mimi said...

Hirschfeld? That slide was there when we were little kids! Where the potbelly pigs there?

Janelle Bryner said...

The girls are getting so big! Elli has really grown. She was maybe two months old when I last saw her. I love reading your blog!
-Janelle