Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Nature Walk

After a couple of rainy days, the weather is beautiful today. I love Fall in Germany. As we drove home from the airport, I couldn't help but be amazed at the way nature changes, and the display of colors that mark the end of summer. My mom and I decided to take the kids on a walk this morning, and it was really fun. We found chestnuts, which are going to be turned into an art project in a little while. Kaylee and I also went for a little walk through the small woody area right by my parents' house. We found acorns, colorful leaves, and pinecones. We also saw a toadstool. On Thursday, I want to go mushroom picking. Something I don't think people do in the US, and boy are they missing out. :o) Of course, we're only going to pick the ones we know are edible. No toadstools for dinner. :D

7 comments:

Science Teacher Mommy said...

I think fungus is utterly disgusting and excessive fascinating at the same time.

Science Teacher Mommy said...

That's "excessively" fascinating.

Jeni said...

I didn't know toadstools actually existed. How cool!

miranda said...

I love nature walks. And I'm so jealous that you are in Europe.

BTW I love fungus.

Shannon said...

Cool toadstool. Spencer has to do a German project, maybe we'll do German toadstools. It would definitely be different!

Doreen said...

The fungi were delicious. Pictures of the feast to follow. :o)

kanaboke said...

that mushroom is totally amazing looking! never seen anything like it before..sounds like you and the girls are having fun!!!