Sunday, October 19, 2008

Home again

Once again, I'm amazed how well the girls did on the flight. 10 hours on an airplane certainly gets ME cranky, but they were awesome. The first night back was a bit rough. Elly was up from about midnight on, though I was able to keep her in bed and at least semi-asleep by nursing her, more or less continuously, until about 5:30 a.m. Who knew learning how to nurse laying down would come in so useful. :p I hope tonight goes better, and we all make the time switch quickly. I think the only thing worse than 10 hours on the airplane is getting over the jet lag.

While we were gone, Tyler lost not one but two teeth. Remember this post from just about a year ago? Well, teeth #3 and #4 finally came out, too. He's starting to look so grown up. And I'm starting to feel old. :p

3 comments:

Canda said...

Here, here, nursing while laying down is SO helpful some days. Hope the jet lag gets left behind soon

Mimi said...

did you use the bassinet on the air plane? I am so glad it went well. I have not looked but did the prices finally go down for air fares?

Sabrina said...

So glad you are back safe and sound! What a big boy!!!
Another cheer for side-lying nursing!!!