Thursday, October 23, 2008

Garden in October

I put the snap peas in. And put out fire ant bait certified for organic gardening. I hope it works, they are all over the place. I need to treat the lawn, too. I've found 4 or 5 ant hills in the last few days, and with the size backyard we have, I'm guessing there's at least twice that many colonies. Yuck. I think the grass also has some kind of fungus, there are yellow spots all over the place. I'm going to order a lawn care book on amazon to see what I can do to get my grass healthy again without too many chemicals, but for this season, I'm afraid I'm going to have to just rely on the quick fix fungicide. I'm supposed to winterize now, too, or so my friend told me. Guess I'll be busy these next few days. I'm also going to need to tear out the watermelons at some point, and put in the carrot seeds. Trying to figure out what else I want to put in. Maybe kale and kohlrabi, though I need to get seeds, still. And zucchini. My tomato plant is going crazy, so we should get a good tomato harvest soon (barring any bug infestations).



No comments: