Tuesday, September 16, 2008

So blessed

Well, we made it home. Didn't even run into traffic, either. I started to get really worried when we started seeing uprooted trees and such almost three hours before we were even supposed to get home. Amazingly, our house didn't sustain any damage at all. Not a shingle missing from the roof, no broken windows, nothing. I am so thankful. Not only is the house okay, but the power is back on, and even the internet is up and running again. There is quite a bit of cleaning up that's going to need to happen outside over the next couple of days, and a few fences that need to be fixed, but nothing too terribly big. We feel very blessed. I want to walk through the neighborhood and take some more pictures tomorrow. For now, here's what our house and yard look like.

The front of the house, with some shingles from the neighbor's roof in the front yard. The trees lost a lot of leaves. One of the broken fences.


The place where our shed used to be. If all the pieces are still there, we may be able to put it back together.


My garden, of course. I know you were all wondering. Well, I know Kaleb was. :p One tomato weathered the storm, amazingly. Considering just down the street, there were huge trees uprooted, I'm just in awe that these plants are still up. We found the other three tomatoes. I'm going to put them out in the sun every day, maybe they'll still turn red. Three watermelons survived, too. Can you believe it?




Can you find all three watermelons?

10 comments:

Jeannie said...

Glad you are all home safely, and how wonderful for you that you don't have tons of damage!

Mimi said...

wow, I am amazed. btw, I don't think I have seen your house. It's preeeeety.

Shannon said...

I'm so happy you found all (or mostly all!) well. If your biggest worries are a knocked down fence and missing shed, I say you got off pretty easy. Good luck with the cleanup. Glad everything went so well for you guys!

Cluff Bunch said...

So glad to hear your home is okay and that you are there safe and sound. Good luck with the cleanup. Take care!

3in3mom said...

Great news! You are very blessed. Glad you have minor damage and can get back to "normal" soon.

Amy said...

Hi Doreen,
We were praying for both you guys and the Cluff's, and it wasn't until I talked to Erin the other day that I actually found out where you live and that you guys were in the brunt of it. I'm so happy for you guys that very little damage was done. Did everyone in your neighborhood have as much luck as you did or what was their damage?

Keith and Nicci said...

Yeah, so glad to hear there was no major damage - we've been thinking about you guys lots and are so glad you made it home safe too.

Kelley said...

Oh Yay! I'm so glad to hear that everything was okay with the house. What an incredible blessing!

Canda said...

So glad you made it home and found things as they are. No broken windows, what a blessing.

KarateMommy said...

i am so glad your house didn't get hurt, or anything inside! that is so great to hear! and i could not find all 3 watermelons in the picture. i only found 2 :).