Friday, September 12, 2008

Ready or not

Here it comes. Ike is about to make landfall. We're dead center in the path. Well, our house is. We're safe and sound in Arkansas. I'm kind of scared of what we'll find once we get back home. And honestly, I can't believe the crazy people who decided to stay in Galveston. They must have some kind of death wish. The question I came up with for Random Poll Friday today was "do you think our house will still be around when we get back", but I don't think I'll open that one up. Hoping for the best.

8 comments:

Canda said...

We're hoping for the best for you too. Glad to hear you got to Arkansas okay. You guys and your house are in our thoughts and prayers.

KarateMommy said...

yes, the people in Glaveston who stayed are crazy. And yes, I think you're house will be there :).

James' Insane Asylum said...

We're glad you safe with Danny. We've been thinking a lot about you and you're all in our prayers. Enjoy your stay in Arkansas even though the people "tawk funna theya".

Jeannie said...

THinking of you and hope that everything is okay for you when you get back.

I have cousins in Houston...

Kelley said...

We've been watching the progress of Ike, and I've been thinking of you the whole time. I'm glad you're in Arkansas for the time being. I hope your home is safe and undamaged when you get back. When do you intend to head back home?

denedu said...

Glad to hear you guys are safe and sound. Where about in Arkansas are you? I served in the Little Rock mission when I was waiting for my visa to go to Portugal. I loved it there! And I'm sure your house will be there when you get back. :)

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Good luck Doreen. I think people stay because usually the storm turns away. After Katrina there was a storm called Rita looking to land near Houston. (We had moved about a month previous to Utah); millions evacuated. There wasn't even a drop of rain in the city.

Mimi said...

100% curiosity: What did you pack in your car? The hard drives? valuables? How did your car look like?