Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hurricanes

So this whole hurricane business is leaving me feeling really conflicted. As I'm spending my days tracking Ike to see where it's headed, I can't help but hope it doesn't make landfall here. At the same time, I realize it's going to make landfall somewhere. And wherever that is, people are going to be affected. It almost makes me feel like by wishing it away from here, I'm wishing it on someone else. Of course, one could always hope that it would collide with some air mass that would make it disintegrate, but that's not realistic. So what do I hope for? I'm really not sure...

5 comments:

Keith and Nicci said...

I say hope for the air mass - nothing wrong with that. We'll keep you guys in our prayers though - really scary.

Sabrina said...

I just hope it is not too strong, no matter where it hits land. I just want the media to STOP WITH ALL THE FRENZY. There, I got that out of my system!!! Good luck!!!

Doreen said...

Sabrina, I'm not even watching TV or anything for that very reason. I just keep track of it on this tracking site, don't have to deal with commentaries there. :p

Shannon said...

We keep watching to see how Ike is doing. I guess you just pray for the right wind (from The Other Side of Heaven)and trust the Lord will send what needs to be where. We'll keep you all in our prayers.

Kelley said...

Good luck.