Thursday, August 28, 2008

Big girl

Elly is getting to be so big. At just over 5 months, she is starting to sit by herself. If I plop her on the floor, she'll actually stay upright for a while, instead of immediately folding in half or tipping over to one side. It's opening up a whole new world for her, which she seems to thoroughly enjoy. Don't get me wrong, I still have to stay right by her side, since she still loses her balance after a minute or two. But it's a start. :o) We've also started experimenting with solid foods a bit. Just a couple of times, really. I mashed up some banana for her and mixed it with water, and her face when she tasted it was priceless. We also tried cereal a couple of days ago, and she wasn't too impressed. I swear the kid has an overactive gag reflex. She always gagged when I tried giving her a pacifier (and I ended up giving up on that one), and she gagged with the solids (which, really, were liquids...). She moved the stuff around in her mouth and didn't spit it out or anything, but when it came to swallowing, she started gagging. Maybe she liked the paper she was chewing on yesterday better. :p

4 comments:

KarateMommy said...

Elly looks so cute in this picture! :)

Dawn said...

Doesn't the time fly? What a big girl already!

Keith and Nicci said...

I love her beautiful face!

tearese said...

my kids both loved eating. WE started both of them earlier than I intended to, because they were so jealous of other people eating. THey both had chewing action right away, and rarely spit food out. I guess each kid is different!