Saturday, July 05, 2008

So many thoughts...

...so little time to write them all down. It seems like lately, I have all these great ideas of things to blog about while putting Elly to sleep. Unfortunately, I'm laying down with her and nursing, and by the time I'm done and get back downstairs, I get distracted, and forget what I was going to blog about. The sad thing is, it usually only takes me about 10 minutes or so to put Elly down. My memory clearly isn't what it used to be. Maybe my brain cells are falling out with all the hair I've been losing lately. Yeah, I'm going through that lovely hair loss that happens about 3 months after giving birth. It's getting ridiculous, really. How's that for a random fact about me? :p

Life continues to be busy around here. Dave's parents are here for a visit. We went to see Wall E yesterday. The men were less than impressed with it. I thought it was kind of cute, and I'm finding all kinds of underlying messages. Which, of course, nobody here takes seriously. People just don't care about trash. If I wasn't so pushy about recycling, nobody in this house would be doing it. Someone please tell me I'm not the only one feeling a serious need to save the planet? LOL Sometimes I wonder about people in church talking about how we've been given stewardship over this earth, and we've been commanded to take care of it, and then people just don't? I guess there are a lot of things I wonder about, but that's certainly one of them. And I'm getting into a rant here, so I'll stop. Since, you know, it's 11 p.m., and I really should be going to bed. But feel free to share your thoughts on the topic, if you feel so inclined. :D

4 comments:

shannon said...

Hi Doreen-

I have to agree with you to a point. I think we should do what we can to be good stewards of our beautiful planet, but we must also keep in mind that the earth is here for our use. That does not mean we greedily use every resource we can get our hands on or that we shouldn't try to keep it neat and orderly. I think the Lord wants us to be aware of what we need, and use what we need. I also don't think he wants us to "save the planet" at the expense of everything else- including other people or our budgets. I would love to be able to find ways to make recycling and energy efficiency more economical and affordable and I try to be aware of what my options are, but I also have to be a wise steward with the physical and financial resources that are my direct responsibility. If your community offers recycling, that's not a hard one to do. Other options out there aren't such a no-brainer. I think the choices we make in this respect will be pretty personal, but if we try to look at what we have through a lens of gratitude and act accordingly, we'll be ok.

Katy said...

So true, Doreen! When we moved into this new place, I was astonished that there aren't any recycling bins...I honestly couldn't bare to put anything in the trash, so I stored it in the garage till I could figure out how to get a bin...after some investigating, I found out that our trash is sorted for recycleable items. I was relieved, but there is still so much more I feel I need to do to help keep the planet healthy. I've been buying different cleaning supplies and wishing I had a "sweat pea" market closer to my home. Anyway, thanks for doing your part! You have always inspired me in numerous ways.

James' said...

Tag, you're it!

It's great to see what your guys are up to and still busy with school life. Congrats on the new baby!

Melissa said...

Been on vacation-catching up on all my blog reading!

I, too, started my hair shedding this week. Rachel is 3 months old today adn that's about the time I've started it with the boys, too. lovely. I'm finding hair everywhere.