Sunday, July 20, 2008

4 months!

Little Elly turned 4 months old yesterday. It's so strange to think we hadn't even decided which job to accept when she was born. In fact, the night she was born was supposed to be the night we talked about all of our options, and make a decision. Instead, we were a bit busy birthing a baby. The next day, Dave asked what I thought, we both looked at each other, and said well, let's go for Houston. Weird. And here we are. These last 4 months seem like a big blurr. I don't think any of our other kids ever grew up quite so fast, haha! Elly is doing great. She nurses wonderfully, and a lot. She won't accept a binkie, or even my finger anymore. So I'm officially the pacifier now. Ah well, she's my last baby (at least according to our plan), so I may as well enjoy it while I can, right? Elly is also getting quite strong. She's learned how to roll over both ways now, and loves to reach for and grab toys. She's even beginning to try and sit by herself. And she loves attention. Whenever someone talks to her, she rewards them with cute little coos. What a sweet baby. Here she is. :o)



9 comments:

Keith and Nicci said...

She is so pretty too!

KarateMommy said...

aaahhhhh, sweet little Elly! She looks so cute in that little outfit! :)

Putting up a post is on my list of things to do tomorrow, so hopefully I'll get to it. It's a pretty long list though ;) - we'll see. :)

Saskia said...

Ja, das kommt mir bekannt vor - Max und Anna haben auch nie einen Nuckel genommen. Vorteil: kein Abgewöhnen. Nachteil: Mutti muss immer zur Stelle sein. :)

Sabrina said...

Oh, she is sooooo cute!!! I think this was my favorite "infant" age (okay, so that all were my favorite, but. . .) They just have the perfect amount of chunkiness and budding mobility. . .ahh, makes me feel ready for #2!!! (Yikes! Just kidding!)

Canda said...

It's amazing how fast the time goes when they're little. She is absolutely precious.

Melissa said...

Oh, she's so beautiful!!

Lari said...

She is growing into such a cutie! I love her eyes!

Doreen said...

Thanks everyone, we think she's pretty adorable. :D

kanaboke said...

aaaaw, what a cutie!! her looks have changed so much AND she's crawling too? Your kids are all amazing I tell ya!!!! I promise I'm working on getting pics of the amazing new clothesline :) hehehehe!