- Tyler's birthday was Tuesday. I think he had a great day turning 8 years old. We went to Taco Bell for dinner. It was my first time ever eating there. Wasn't too bad, for fast food.
- We got lots of furniture put together. We now have some really nice bookshelves in the office, and some cool shelves in the gameroom and downstairs toddler room, as well. I'll have to take pictures sometime.
- The garden bed has been restored! All the weeds are gone. Now I need to go get some compost to add to the soil. I found a planting schedule online, according to which I should be able to put tomato seeds in within the next couple of weeks. Anyone ever grow tomatoes from seeds, outside? Maybe I'll save some empty milk cartons or something to put around the seedlings so they don't get eaten? I need to really get me a gardening book, haha!
- I read an ad I got in the mail, in its entirety, for the first time ever. It advertised a free rifle with the purchase of a new truck, or a free gun with the purchase of a new car. You see, I had to read it to see if it was serious. And it was! I told Dave, and he started to laugh. When I told him it was for real, he laughed even more. Texas is full of surprises!
- My parents left yesterday. I can't believe how quickly those two weeks went by! I wish they could have stayed another week. Or two. Or three. Heck, I could just give them the downstairs bedroom to live in. It was really nice to have so much help, especially getting the yard all in order, playset painted, furniture put together, etc. etc. etc. And it was really fun to see just how much the kids love their Oma and Opa. Makes me sad we won't get to go visit them until next year. :o(
- We went to IKEA a week ago, and it was so cool! It was my first time ever going, and wow, that store is huge. They had some really fun stuff, and now I want to go back. Too bad it's a 45 minute drive from here. But it sure was awesome, and we got lots and lots of stuff.
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Whew, finally a minute to sit down and BREATHE!
Wow, what a crazy week we've had. I'll recount this one "list style". :p