Sunday, June 29, 2008

Whew, finally a minute to sit down and BREATHE!

Wow, what a crazy week we've had. I'll recount this one "list style". :p
  • Tyler's birthday was Tuesday. I think he had a great day turning 8 years old. We went to Taco Bell for dinner. It was my first time ever eating there. Wasn't too bad, for fast food.
  • We got lots of furniture put together. We now have some really nice bookshelves in the office, and some cool shelves in the gameroom and downstairs toddler room, as well. I'll have to take pictures sometime.
  • The garden bed has been restored! All the weeds are gone. Now I need to go get some compost to add to the soil. I found a planting schedule online, according to which I should be able to put tomato seeds in within the next couple of weeks. Anyone ever grow tomatoes from seeds, outside? Maybe I'll save some empty milk cartons or something to put around the seedlings so they don't get eaten? I need to really get me a gardening book, haha!
  • I read an ad I got in the mail, in its entirety, for the first time ever. It advertised a free rifle with the purchase of a new truck, or a free gun with the purchase of a new car. You see, I had to read it to see if it was serious. And it was! I told Dave, and he started to laugh. When I told him it was for real, he laughed even more. Texas is full of surprises!
  • My parents left yesterday. I can't believe how quickly those two weeks went by! I wish they could have stayed another week. Or two. Or three. Heck, I could just give them the downstairs bedroom to live in. It was really nice to have so much help, especially getting the yard all in order, playset painted, furniture put together, etc. etc. etc. And it was really fun to see just how much the kids love their Oma and Opa. Makes me sad we won't get to go visit them until next year. :o(
  • We went to IKEA a week ago, and it was so cool! It was my first time ever going, and wow, that store is huge. They had some really fun stuff, and now I want to go back. Too bad it's a 45 minute drive from here. But it sure was awesome, and we got lots and lots of stuff.
In summary, lots of firsts this week. And I'm now the mother of an 8 year old. I still can't believe that. And I'm sure I forgot half the things I was going to blog about. My brain is still trying to process all the happenings. Seriously. Life has been crazy, and in a way, I still feel like I'm just visiting someone's house, and it should be time to go back to Logan any day now. I feel like I'm going 100 mph, all day, every day, and I don't get a second to sit down and think about what on earth is happening here. One of these days! :p

3 comments:

tearese said...

My sister and her family live in Texas, and she and her husband own guns and go shooting for fun. I couldn't believe that when she told me!

Jeni said...

There is a good gardening book called "Square Foot Gardening" I actually read most of it and it was pretty good. That's the kind of garden I have. What website did you find? I look sometimes for things like that and never find anything good. Can you send me the link?

Sabrina said...

I've lived here all my life and never actually seen the gun ad. I figure we're all too particular about our guns to just take something for free. . .and, yes, target shooting is fun. There. I'm a redneck.