Sunday, June 22, 2008

Since I live in the coolest city...

...or, at least, right next to it, I may as well make the best of it, right? I'm determined to stop whining. :p Instead, I'm going to focus on all of the good things about being here. Like, the fact that I can grow two gardens a year (if I can figure out how and what will grow here). The raised garden bed that was already present in our backyard is in the process of being restored, and I'm looking forward to Fall planting. Yay for gardening! We are also going to get the first part of our living room furniture tomorrow, which will hopefully make me feel more like I'm "at home", rather than just "in the new house". There's just something about furniture... Speaking of, we went to IKEA yesterday. We got tons of stuff. Now we just have to put it all together, and we should be able to empty the rest of our boxes (we haven't had anywhere to put all the toys and books). The pictures are next. Pictures on the walls will be good. And then I can finally have all of my friends come over. Sorry, friends, I know I've been whining and complaining a lot, but I really am glad to already have some friends here. And I will have you come over to play just as soon as all of the family visits are done with. :D

So there, a "life is good" post. I'm sure there'll be another whine down the road, but then it would get too boring if there wasn't ever anything to complain about, right? Haha!

4 comments:

Science Teacher Mommy said...

And don't forget the blessing of that cheap housing.

We uprooted ourselves there, spent our entire 401K to go back to school, moved 5 times in two years and by the time we pay our mortgage here we come out no further ahead than if we had just stayed put. I think I am more content here, but I would love to have a day in the foreseeable future when I don't worry about MONEY!

Science Teacher Mommy said...

PS Click on my blog's link to The Smiling Infidel. Her post from Sunday the 22nd is about her baby born in the bathtub (no, it was not an accident). She was one of my few natural childbirth friends in Houston. Most people thought I was nuts to have a midwife (there is a great birth center up in the Woodlands), but Infidel was even more "out there" than me. :) I just want you to see there are kindred spirits everywhere!

Doreen said...

Thanks, STM. And you're right, cost of living is definitely another big positive around here. Not having to worry so much about money is certainly nice. :o) I read the bathtub story. It was quite entertaining, haha! Reminded me of someone else we know. :p

Sabrina said...

Moving is difficult stuff. You have a right to whine a while!!! So glad things are starting to settle in.