Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Living the MOM life...

That is, the Me-Oh-My Ineedtogetinshapeandgetnewclothesandfixmyhair - anddomymakeupeveryday life. As cute as new babies are, and cuddly, and fun, and as much as I love nursing them, and holding them, and sleeping right next to them, today is one of those I-need-a-break days. I realized today that having big mirrors in your house is not a good thing, sometimes. I happened to get a glance at myself this morning, and I have to say what I saw looked utterly pathetic. I mean, really. I don't consider myself a vain person, but I really am in rather sad shape. I need to get some fat cells shrunk, and some muscles toned. Okay, more realistically, I should at least have a goal to get my hair and make-up done every day. Not lots of make-up, mind you, but just something to make me feel good. There's just something about putting on a bit of mascara that makes my day go better, you know? And I do have this awesome mineral make-up, that I just totally love! I should start using it again. Anyway, random ramblings of the day... On a positive note, we did get to spend more money today! On a new living room set. Should be here next week (except the back ordered parts, those will be two more weeks). :o)

4 comments:

Science Teacher Mommy said...

It usually takes me about four months to re-enter the land of the living.

Kelley said...

This is why I love having such a short haircut. If I don't do it I look TERRIBLE and that is sufficient motivation to do it frequently, especially since it takes me less than 5 minutes from soaking wet. NICE!

I can totally understand about the wanting to get the fat cells shrunk. I stepped on the scale today at a week out and discovered I have about 20 pounds to lose. I'm not going to stress about it, but perhaps I should lay off the donuts. :)

Doreen said...

Kelley, the sad thing is that it does only take about 5 minutes for me to do my hair... :p

tearese said...

I hear you. Since I stopped working part time (right before Joshua was born) I rarely remember to do those things. If Elora sees me putting makeup on, she asks if we are going to church.