Friday, March 14, 2008

Practice runs!

So, I experienced my first "practice run" with this pregnancy last night. Nice, regular contractions for a couple of hours. They, of course, went away at some point during the night. Since I experienced lots of "practice runs" with Kaylee's pregnancy, I knew what I was dealing with. I remember the first time this happened with Kaylee, I put in a call to my midwife at 1 a.m. She told me to go back to bed, haha. I think I put in 3 or 4 of those middle-of-the-night calls when I was pregnant with Kaylee. I had never dealt with prodromal labor before, so what did I know? Of course, the "go back to bed" phrase worked every single time. I know better now. And I'm fully prepared for a few more "practice runs" before the real thing. After all, when you're in real labor, going to bed won't make it go away. :p

No comments: