Sunday, March 16, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Three years ago today, Kaylee joined our family. Her birth was a very special event for us in many ways. Raising this little girl sure has been an adventure! And she was oh so excited to celebrate her special pink birthday today. She got a pink bike, a pink helmet, pink balloons, and a pink birthday cake. Exciting times! :o)



Some friends had us over for dinner, so we had cake and ice cream at their house.



A close-up of the cake. Each year I swear I'm never making another cake, but then I always give in to their wishes. :p The cake itself was pink, too...

6 comments:

KarateMommy said...

Happy B-day yesterday Kaylee! :) How is she doing on that bike? Is she going to be a natural like Bryan and have those training wheels off in like 2 days? ;)

Chalice said...

Happy birthday Kaylee! What a sweet little girl! She is so cute. Way to go mom with the cake!

Doreen said...

K - Dave took her out to try the bike yesterday, and she's having a hard time figuring out how to pedal. I'm sure she'll get the hang of it soon enough, though I doubt we'll be taking the training wheels off anytime soon. :p

Chalice, thanks! :o)

Keith and Nicci said...

Happy 3rd, Kaylee! Impressive cake Doreen:). I'm with you on not wanting to make them myself, though...

kanaboke said...

Seriously Doreen, that cake is amazing!!! You should go into business. happy belated b-day cute Kaylee!

chicagosapp said...

I can't believe how grown up she looks. Big hugs to all of you!

Can you come make Hannah's cake in May? You are so talented!