Thursday, March 13, 2008

Feeling content

During the last few weeks, I had this really impatient feeling. I was so sick and tired of being pregnant, and it was driving me crazy not knowing when this baby might come. Maybe being sick on top of everything else intensified those feelings, I don't know. All I know is, I'm feeling so much better! I'm content being pregnant, and not knowing when this baby will make her appearance. All day, I've been feeling so calm about everything. I know that at some point in the next couple of weeks, this little girl is going to release a chemical, which is going to travel to my brain. Once it gets there, it's going to tell my body that the little booger is ready to come out. My brain is then going to kick oxytocin production into high gear. My uterus is going to start contracting more regularly, more frequently, and increasingly stronger. In response to the increasing intensity (and probably discomfort) I'm going to be feeling, my brain is also going to release huge amounts of endorphins, which are going to help me relax and deal with the intensity of the contractions. Ultimately, my body is going to be ready to push the baby out. A new little being is going to be born into this world. I'm very much looking forward to holding and nursing that little one, and enjoying those first few days - you know, the ones before sleep deprivation and utter exhaustion set in. :p I'm really looking forward to going through this whole process, to going into "labor land", to working with my body in giving birth to a little person. And while not knowing just when the moment will come does drive me crazy from time to time, in a way I also find the anticipation exciting and fun. And the process just plain amazing. :o)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I loved this post. I'm at that "I'm completely miserable, please let this baby come out" phase, and that made me feel better. I can't wait to hear your good news.