Wednesday, March 05, 2008

37 weeks!

Yes, I'm getting rather excited. :o) Had an appointment with my midwife yesterday. I got my birth kit, so now all we have to do is pick up the bedroom and clear off the dresser so we can have somewhere to keep the birth supplies easily accessible. Baby is doing great, growing big, and has moved into position. Any time now! Of course, with our crazy schedules these days, we had better wait at least until after March 15th. Dave is leaving town tomorrow morning to go to Houston, coming home Saturday evening. He may potentially be going to two more interviews next week, so could leave as early as Tuesday and come back as late as Saturday. Now, I'm not too worried that the baby is going to come that soon, since all of the others came right around their due dates. But knowing my luck, this will be the one time I have an early baby. Anyone wanna come over and be my birth partner in case Dave is gone? :p

In other news, I'm finally starting to feel a bit better. Just got a nasty cough, but that still beats the body aches... Hopefully this is going to be our last sickness for a while, I've about had it.

11 comments:

Keith and Nicci said...

I think it would be awesome to come be your birth partner (never thought I'd say that in a million years a few years ago..), but you'd have to wait until I could drive up there and find someone to babysit Austin...:)

Keith and Nicci said...

The "never thought I'd say that in a million years" part is because birth used to freak me out and be disgusting to me, not because I didn't like you:)

Kermit~the~Frog said...

I'll be in town the 22-26 if there's some sort of crisis, lol.

So soon! Whee!

KarateMommy said...

So glad to hear you're feeling better! Sorry I haven't called to check on ya. And you know I'm so sad I won't be here for the baby :(. Good luck with everything! I hope Dave will be home! :)

Doreen said...

You know Nicci, since karatemommy is suddenly moving, I do need someone to come take pictures. ;o) Seriously, though, if you want to make the 2hr. drive up here, consider yourself invited (regardless of whether or not Dave will be gone). Let me know, so I'll know to call you. :o)

Kermit, what are you guys coming up for? Just to visit some friends? I'm hoping we'll have a little baby to show off by the 26th, you should stop by if it works into your schedule. Heck, you could stop by anyway, if you're not too busy. :o)

Karatemommy, bummer, to say the least. I can't believe everything happened so quickly! I'll give you a call in a little bit (as soon as I can stop coughing).

chicagosapp said...

It's so exciting! I wish I could be there to help and to see the new new little one. Happy birthing!

3in3mom said...

WOw, i'd be your coach--or I'd take pics. . . wish I lived closer to ya. . .

Good luck and can't wait to see/hear about your sweet little girl!

Luv, Chalice

Jeni said...

Hi Doreen! Hope the baby doesn't come while Dave is in Houston, though we are pretty excited that he can stop by and visit! We miss you guys!

Keith and Nicci said...

Definitely let me know when you're in labor and we'll see where things are. Next weekend Keith is out of town, and we have something planned the following weekend as well, but I would love to be there if Keith and I can work everything out. Skype us or call us when you're in labor - maybe it'll work out!

Andrea said...

Wow! I'm excited for you. A home birth, yea! I'm excited to hear how it goes. Good luck!

Lari said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you. So you're planning on a home birth! Good for you. I am seriously considering a home birth for my next baby. It was hard to focus on being relaxed when I had to get up and be monitored so often..
:P