Monday, February 11, 2008

Meh...

I'm STILL sick... I started getting better early last week, even went out to Olive Garden on my birthday (thanks Karin!), and had a fun pizza night with yummy brownies at Karatemommy's house. Maybe my body thought it'd be nice and give me a break for my birthday or something, cause by Thursday I was starting to feel crappy again. I wake up every morning hardly able to talk. After a few rounds of coughing my lungs up and blowing my nose for half an hour, I get somewhat better, but COME ON! Going on two weeks now... It has to get better at some point, right???

I also had an appointment with one of my midwives on my birthday. The other one sent me a birthday email. How nice. :o) Anyway, everything looks great, baby is growing well. She's currently posterior (or at least was a week ago), which explains the lower back pain I have from time to time. It also explains why I can feel her move around so much, her legs are kicking me right out front. I've thought about catching my alien tummy on video, but maybe that would be too weird, hehe. It really is quite interesting to watch those little bumps moving across my belly, under my skin. Sometimes I visualize a little baby inside of me, and I get strangely weirded out. It just seems so unreal, I don't know. Now I'm rambling... :p

I've also been doing more research on the Houston area, and am getting a pretty good idea of where I think I'm going to want to live, and what I want my house to look like, etc. It's been fun looking at houses online and figuring out what all I want and don't want. Dave is likely going down for a site visit the first weekend in March, and he may take some time to look around the area and such. I half wish I could go, but alas, probably wouldn't be a good idea at this point in time. :p We're hoping to have a decision made by mid-March, keep your fingers crossed that by then, we'll have some definite answers for the other job option we're waiting on...

4 comments:

Lari said...

Good luck with your baby and with finding a place to live! At least you know where more or less where you are going... my hubby and I are still in limbo as to what we are doing after April.

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Ooo . . .I so miss pizza night with KM. Olive Garden sounds fun too.

Science Teacher Mommy said...

PS. I'm sure Dave will have a great salary; you will be able to build or buy a beautiful house anywhere in the Houston area. Lots of room for everyone! Won't that be great. Email me if you need me to help you get hooked up with anybody down there for more information, or a place to stay while you are house hunting. I know I can find someone who would be happy to help. I lived within 30 miles of the area you are moving to.

Jared said...

So - details on Dave's trip? Email me!