Thursday, February 21, 2008

And I thought something was wrong with me...

I told Dave this morning that I thought the ground was shaking. He was busy doing stuff and said he didn't notice anything. About half an hour later, I thought I felt it again. I didn't say anything, thinking maybe I was experiencing some pregnancy-induced dizziness or something. Come to find out, I'm not sick or going crazy. What I felt was an earthquake that happened a couple hundred miles west of here this morning! Just a friendly reminder that we do live in an earthquake zone, I guess. I hope not too much damage was done, gotta go check out the news reports.

5 comments:

KarateMommy said...

Holy Shmacka! Are you kidding me? How often does that often here? What time did you feel it at? And what did you find out on the news?

Doreen said...

It was around 7:15, and again about half an hour later. Here's an article in the paper.

miranda said...

I felt it, too. The epicenter was about 175 miles west of SLC, which is why we could feel it. I felt it as a sort of ripple as I was doing my blogging thing.

BTW, I really enjoyed your letter the editor in yesterday's paper. While a midwife and home birth isn't a path I would choose, it should still be available for anyone else who wants to go that way.

Ayla said...

hey I just found your blog while I was investing the new anti homebirth bill proposed in Utah. It seems we have a lot in common. Come on over and check me out, meanwhile I'll be reading your blog from now on :) Blessings

Science Teacher Mommy said...

My parents, in Ogden, didn't feel anything. I was going to ask if any of the Loganites I knew had felt anything.

Thanks for staying up on local politics. That is not easy to do. I hope your bill is killed. Those ultra-conservative Utah Republicans can really drive me nuts. I worked at the legislature for a winter . . . it is barely a democracy there. :)