Sunday, November 04, 2007

It's a sad day

My mom just called me, and told me my uncle (her brother) passed away this morning. He was 58. Had a massive heart attack. He had his first heart attack 17 years ago, at which point the doctors gave him about 5 more years to live. He did have another one in the mid-90's, but made it through. I guess the third one was too much. At least he got to see his two little grandsons before he died (the twins who were born 3 weeks ago (to the day)). My grandpa (his dad) had had heart problems, as well, and passed away from a heart attack when he was only 70. We thought that was too young. Heart disease is a scary thing. I told my mom she better make sure she gets regular check-ups...

7 comments:

3in3mom said...

Sorry to hear this news. It is sure hard to lose loved ones at any age. Both my and Bob's grandfathers died young from heart attacks. . .

Love to you, the Leamans

chicagosapp said...

Condolences to you and your family. Get your heart checked out too!
Love the Sapps

Jeannie said...

My condolences, also, to you and your family. I agree, 58 is too young (my mom was 56 when she passed)

KarateMommy said...

Ah, Doreen, I'm so sorry to hear that. Hope your Aunt and cousins will be able to handle this alright. And your mom, and you and your family too. I'm so glad he got to see his adorable twin grandsons!

Science Teacher Mommy said...

And it is hard to be so far from home when tragedy strikes. . . .

It seems like heart disease has been a really defining part of our lives too. Plantboy's dad had his first heart attack at age 45 and his second about eight years later with bypass surgery. He is "due" for another. And my grandfather was only 49 when he passed. My dad is 58 . . .

Keith and Nicci said...

So sorry to hear that news :(.

miranda said...

sorry, Doreen...