Thursday, November 08, 2007

I'm tired...

Physically, because, well, I'm pregnant. And we've been dealing with throw-up and diarrhea for over a week now at our house (interestingly mostly at night). Which means kids have been cranky, and I haven't been sleeping well. I feel emotionally drained. My uncle passed away, and 5000 miles from "home" seems further away than ever. What I really need is a friend and a good cry, but nobody's around...

So, I'm going to do the next best thing. I'm going to eat a grapefruit, hope that my husband will be home soon to give me a foot massage, then I'm going to listen to my pregnancy affirmations hypnosis script and relax. Hopefully, it's going to be a good night, and I can wake up refreshed and feeling like myself again...

4 comments:

Science Teacher Mommy said...

You need to splurge on belcantomom's massage therapist. She just lives down around the corner and she is incredible. That is what Plantboy gave me for my birthday this year.

Doreen said...

N, wanna know who referred Plantboy to her? Me! Haha. Thanks for mentioning it, I really should go. I got a $5 credit for referring you. :D

miranda said...

hope things start looking up...i find that emotions can be even more tiring than physical exertion.

Karin said...

I'm so sorry that it was such a bad day...and I was gone. If it makes you feel any better, I had the same kind of a day. (I know it doesn't make you feel better, just an extra commiseration.)

When I'm wondering why I can't cope with less than stellar sleep, I remind myself that sleep deprivation is a form of torture in some POW camps. No wonder we feel awful. Nobody can cope with it well.

I hope your weekend is stress-free..-er

:-)