Thursday, November 29, 2007

Does life ever slow down?

Or does it just keep getting more and more crazy the older you get? I keep waiting for a "break", or to be less busy, or whatever, and it's just not happening. Someone should have warned me about this. I may not have signed up for it. :p I'm beginning to get worried about this whole "moving on with life" thing. May is right around the corner, and we're going to move one way or another. And move into a bigger place (hopefully, we better!). What has me worried is the fact that I can't even keep my apartment picked up and clean. How am I ever going to do that with a house? Hire a maid? What would that teach my kids? Yeah, I worry about things like that. I'd love to have a maid, but would that set kind of a bad example? Would my kids turn into spoiled brats? Maybe instead of a getting a maid I should do a better job at training my kids. They've got to be good for something, right? I mean, there's a reason for having four kids in the first place, isn't there? What, it's not to get some help cleaning the house? Really, why didn't someone tell me? Ah, I'm looking forward to life next year. It's going to be an adventure in many ways. :o)

5 comments:

KarateMommy said...

I don't think getting a maid is a bad example for your kids at all. Sometimes we need help, and it is ok to get it. And besides, I highly doubt the maid would even do ALL the cleaning. I would think they come once a week, and in between that, you do the little pick up. That would teach your kids that it's important to keep a clean and organized home. And if you're still worried about it, have a maid come when they're at school/gymnastics ;). The alternative would be what, to teach them to live in a messy house? :P (just kidding of course-your house is never dirty, dirty. It just needs picking up sometimes, just like EVERYONE'S) :)

3in3mom said...

I was just posting about this same thing. Life really never does slow down! I am so glad to be an organized person so I can find ways to enjoy the "crazy". You are too Doreen! Enjoy it while and if you can. You are a great Mom. . . even if a maid is in order! Teach the kids to help and it makes a difference. Jacob even 'helps' with the dishwasher by taking the silverware out. You'd be surprised.

Have a great Christmas season.

Hanna said...

I never really considered what having a maid might be teaching my kids. I just know that I'm a happier, saner person when my house is clean - and there are not enough hours in the day to clean it perfectly AND be the kind of mom/citizen/friend that I want to be. Kudos to those moms who manage it all. Even with a weekly maid, I still clean a LOT! Just laundry, pick-up, cooking, and dishes is enough to keep me busy for hours each day.

That's exciting that the move will be coming up soon.

miranda said...

Crazy how life sneaks up on you!

I do a clutter check everyday, but I only clean a small portion of my house at a time. Couldn't do it all at once, and certainly not every day!

Doreen said...

Thanks for all your encouragement. :o) Now I'm contemplating whether hiring a cook would be a better idea. :p I mean, I can clean if I don't have to worry about cooking, right? Not that I'm good at getting either one of those done right now...