10 easy things you can do to be more "green" (in no particular order). :o)
1. Recycle - it may seem like a chore at first, but once you get used to it, it's really easy to do.
2. Donate - instead of throwing things out, consider taking them to a thrift store/goodwill type place, especially if they're still in good condition.
3. Turn off the lights - get in the habit of turning off the lights if you leave a room for an extended period of time.
4. Get compact fluorescent lightbulbs.
5. When buying a new appliance, get an energy star one if at all possible.
6. Keep in mind that standby/sleep mode still uses a significant amount of energy. Get an extension cord you can switch off, or pull the plug.
7. Recycle your old batteries! You can collect them in a little container, then take them to a place like Staples every so often. Whenever possible, use rechargeable batteries.
8. Use "green" cleaning supplies. They generally work just as well. Use laundry detergent that's not petroleum based, such as biokleen or 7th generation.
9. Ditch the plastic bags, even the paper ones. Get some reusable totes for grocery shopping.
10. Buy local! The longer/further your food travels, the greater the impact it has on the environment - and the less its nutritional value (especially true for produce).
Feel free to add your own ideas to the list. :o)