Here are 10 more things you can do to make this world a better (cleaner, healthier) place.
1. Save water - turn off the water while brushing your teeth, cut down the time you spend in the shower. If you have a fairly new dishwasher, stop pre-washing your dishes in the sink. Dishwashers these days do an amazing job getting your dishes clean, there's really no need to pre-wash. :o)
2. Turn your thermostat up in the summer (if you have central a/c), and down in the winter (for heat). Adjusting even just a degree or two makes a big difference in resources used.
3. Consolidate trips. Instead of running to the store three times a week for small things, plan one big trip. Carpool as much as possible. If your city has a good public transportation system, try using it!
4. Keep your car well maintained. Check your tire pressure once a month. Correct tire pressure not only saves gas, but keeps you safe, as well. If you have an oil leak, get it fixed!
5. If you're in the market for a new car, remember that bigger isn't always better. Carefully look at gas mileage, as well as reliability.
6. Walk or ride your bike whenever possible. It's not only good for the environment, but good for your health, too.
7. Get a clothesline. Line drying is pretty easy to do, and can save you a lot of money.
8. If you're pregnant, plan on breastfeeding. It's not only healthy, but also good for the environment. A lot of resources are used to produce infant formula. Here's a good article, scroll about half-way down to read about the impact formula feeding has on the environment.
9. Don't litter (duh...).
10. Remember that sometimes, less is more. :o)