Thursday, November 22, 2007

Another great book...

...every woman who is pregnant or planning to become pregnant should read (do I sound like a drug advertisement or what? :p). I started reading Born in the USA by Marsden Wagner today. While it has a somewhat anti-obstetrics undertone, it's easy to see where it comes from. Sadly, in parts of what I was reading I was seeing myself and my own experiences with obstetricians. I know there are doctors out there who do a world of good for people, but there are also plenty who act more in their own interest than that of their patients. Especially true for obstetricians. I know there are women who have had great experiences with them, but there are also many who haven't (myself included). I just finished reading the chapter on inductions, specifically the use of cytotec, and to say I'm shocked is an understatement. It's too much to go into here, really, let's just say if you ever have a doctor suggest induction, and mention cytotec, run as fast as you can... And don't forget to read this book!

1 comment:

Kelley said...

I agree. Run as fast as you can away from Cytotec. Horrible, horrible stuff! I can't be vehement enough about that.