Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Thanks for all your input...

...on the breastfeeding poll. This website expresses quite well how I feel about breastfeeding in public. I personally believe that sometimes, covering up with blankets, or better yet one of these contraptions, actually draws more attention to what I'm doing than if I were to just pull up my shirt a little, feed the baby, and be done. :p Of course, if it makes a woman more comfortable, and more likely to breastfeed, then she should, by all means, cover up. But I don't think I should have to, just so everyone else can feel more comfortable. :o) (yes, yes, I know, we've all seen the woman who just "whips it out" without worrying at all about exposing herself, but the majority of women really are quite discreet, even without a cover)

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

I know with all 3 of mine, they hated (and Nate still does) anything covering them. So I try to be as discreet as possible. After all, he will draw more attention if he is screaming because of a blanket on him.
Glad you like that site. Did you see the article, Primary NIP myth?
It is my favorite!

Doreen said...

Yes, I did read that article. She makes a lot of sense. Put my feelings in words, exactly. :o)