Monday, October 22, 2007

Progress report

Do I dare hope? Kaylee has actually been doing really well with potty learning! We've only had a handful of wet undies, and all poopies except one have gone in the potty (and the one was pretty much right after she got up Sunday morning, and she went in her diaper). We thought we'd give her a break Sunday, it being church day and all. When we got home from church, her diaper was still dry. She started whining, we asked her if she wanted to sit on the potty, and she proceeded to take off her tights. We hurried and undid her diaper, and she went and put a big "waterboat" in her potty (that's what she calls her pee, no idea where it came from...). Later that afternoon, I was off at choir, and she did pee in her undies while I was gone. But Dave said she actually tried to make it to the potty, just didn't get there quite in time. This morning, I took off her diaper and put her on the potty, and she went pee right away. I think we're on the right track here! And we haven't even had to use any bribes or anything, except letting her have some gum so she would agree to sit on the potty the first day. Well, and letting her watch movies pretty much all day Friday, while she sat on her potty waiting for something to happen. :p I'm not sure how things are going to go this week, since we're going to have a really busy schedule (yes, I think I'm going to be one of those over-scheduled parents this week that I talked about in a previous post...). I hope we'll be home often enough to continue at least a portion of each day. It has sure been nice not having to change diapers over the weekend! :o)

ETA: Just had to give another little update. I was in the bathroom getting ready this morning when Kaylee called me. I ran to the living room, and she had gone poop in her potty all by herself, unprompted! Oh, and totally unrelated, but Bryan just came up to me and asked "mom, does 3+2 make 5?" Yes! What a smart little kid. :o)

3 comments:

KarateMommy said...

yay! that's great doreen! sorry you have a busy week. i'm sure all parties will survive - if not kaylee's pants ;). Oh yeah, and Lydia woke up with dry undies this morning!! (It's especially a "yay" moment, cuz she was in bed with us). :)

Hanna said...

I can't remember if I knew you were pregnant or not - but either way CONGRATULATIONS! Potty training is a pain, but so worth it and it sounds like Kaylee is picking it up quickly. She wants to give you a break :)

Doreen said...

Thanks Hanna! Yeah, potty training is one of my least favorite things about raising kids. :p