Friday, August 24, 2007

Okay, okay!

Update! Sorry I've been such a blogging slacker. :p Saw the bug again today. At my last appointment, the midwife noticed that the placenta was partly on the cervix. There was also a blood clot under the placenta. And there's a fibroid. Whee! So today was the follow-up. Placenta is still on the cervix, but there's still lots of time for it to move up. The blood is still under the placenta, too. Should hopefully dissolve in the next few weeks. Fibroid hasn't grown any, so that's good news. Overall, not the greatest news, but so far not too much to worry about. I'm going on as normal for now, and will have a more detailed ultrasound to check everything out in a couple of months. Baby is growing well, just as it should, so we're good for the time being. :o)


4 comments:

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Where is your midwife at that you are able to do ultrasounds?

Doreen said...

Cache Valley Women's Center. She's a CNM, delivers at the hospital. :o) I saw her when I was pg with Kaylee, too.

Science Teacher Mommy said...

I really liked my doctor and with Garrick's late pregnancy turn around it turned out to be the best, but I would have liked to have researched your option a little better.

Doreen said...

I'm really glad she's still here. She's the only CNM in Logan (at least the only one who currently catches babies). It's wonderful to have the option of seeing a CNM when you plan on having a low-intervention, drug free birth at a hospital. She generally tries to be at the hospital with you from 5cm on. I love that. It made such a difference with Kaylee to have the CNM there already. No "baby's coming, stop pushing so we can get the dr!" No being left alone (I'm still so sorry that happened to you!). No having to defend your choice of going drug free. Nobody trying to convince you to get drugs. It's really nice to have someone who shares your philosophy of birth (i.e. it's not generally a medical event, but rather a natural process that doesn't usually require intervention). In your situation, of course, she would have had to turn you over to one of the doctors. Liability and all that... :p