Sunday, July 29, 2007

Back home!

Wow, what a crazy and busy summer we've had! We finally made it back home last Monday, at around midnight. We were supposed to be in between 7 and 8 p.m., but one of our tires blew as we were driving through Las Vegas, so we got to go find a tire store and wait for them to put on the tires. All this would have been done in less than 2 hours, but they realized they only had two of the four tires at their location, so they needed to send someone to get the other two tires from another location. Duh. The tire blew just after 10 a.m., and it was 3 p.m. by the time we finally left LV. And no, we did not go see the city. For one, it was too hot, then we had 3 kids, and for a long time we thought we'd be out of there by 1 p.m. at the latest... We did go out for lunch, and it was really good. It was quite the adventure, though I have to say I'm glad it happened in LV, and not in the middle of some desert... Now we're slowly getting settled back in at home. The boys love having their bikes again, and I'm glad we can start settling back into our routine. I even found some time to read last week, and read Jane Eyre. Awesome book, well worth the read (if you're a girl, anyway, don't know how much a guy would care for it, hehe). It's also been nice having my friends back, I really missed you guys (you know who you are)! :o) Now we have three more weeks until school starts back up. Tyler is going to be in 2nd grade! I can hardly believe it. Of course, Dave is going to be gone at a conference again the week school starts, to add just a little more excitement to my life. But then what's new, it seems he always has good timing like that. :p

3 comments:

scienceteachermommy said...

I only missed you by a week! We are moved and settled. Keep blogging!

J said...

Welcome home Mandoreen! Send pictures!

Doreen said...

Hehe Jared, haven't heard that name in a long time!

STM, sorry we missed you. I need to go comment on your blog...