Sunday, June 10, 2007

This made me laugh out loud!

I get stuff forwarded in my email all the time, some are funny, some are silly, some I just click delete after reading the first line. Here's one I thought was worth posting, though. :p

Brain surgery........ this is brilliant!

In the hospital the relatives gathered in the
waiting room, where their
family member lay gravely ill.

Finally, the doctor came in looking tired and somber.
"I'm afraid I'm the bearer of bad news," he said
as he surveyed the worried faces.
"The only hope left for your loved one at this time is
a brain transplant.
It's an experimental procedure, very risky but it is
the only hope.
Insurance will cover the procedure, but you will have
to pay for the brain yourselves.."

The family members sat silent as they absorbed the
news. After a great
length of time, someone asked, "Well, how much does a
brain cost?"

The doctor quickly responded, "$5,000 for a male
brain, and $200 for a female brain."
The moment turned awkward. Men in the room tried not
to smile, avoiding eye contact with the women, but
some actually
smirked.

A man unable to control his curiosity, blurted out the
question everyone wanted to ask,
"Why is the male brain so much more?"
The doctor smiled at the childish innocence and
explained to the entire group, "It's just standard
pricing procedure. We have to mark down the price of
the female brains, because they've actually been
used."

1 comment:

scienceteachermommy said...

Don't you love all the controversy I started on your blog from last week? I'm nothing if not disruptive. I did want to clarify one point, however, at the risk of being totally irrelevant to the funny story you actually shared on this one.

I am under no delusions that God still requires circ. (My dad is not.) I was merely pointing out that I think God put a lot of things into place with the law of Moses to keep his people temporally as well as spiritually well. It is true that the dietary restrictions and the prayer shawls and the circs were all outward symbols of keeping the covenant, but I don't think God just does things on a whim. There had to be a reason for the rules he put into place. In any time, God gives his people certain rules to follow that may or may not apply to other times. I believe these things are for temporal protection as well as spiritual (think garments and Word of Wisdom). Just my own random thoughts.

The real irony of the circ issue is that it really should be a MALE issue, but how many fathers look at mom and shrug and abdicate the responsibility for that completely to mother?